Once Upon a Dream Come True: Couple Finds an Investment Gem in Once Upon a Child
The Firm Business Brokerage is pleased to announce a change of hands for Once Upon a Child in Lincoln. Opened by James and Susan Ruigh in 1996, Once Upon a Child is a franchise that specializes in the retail of new and used children’s clothing. Located in Van Dorn Plaza, new owners Alan and Kristine Koerperich are eager to pick up the reins and already have big plans in place for their piece in the national chain.
What drew the Koerperichs to the store was its strong, successful product and loyal employees. “We started looking at the people involved,” says Alan, who had been searching for an investment over the past two years. Alan, who is a regional business manager with a national seed company, was pleased that they could “save nineteen people’s jobs and accomplish our goals all at once.” The Koerperichs treated all full-time employees to dinner and shared their plans for the store, which includes implementing an employee benefits program. They will also remodel the store to reflect the franchise’s new look and will be holding a grand re-opening within the next sixty days.
While Alan and Kristine plan on investing in more businesses down the road, they are looking forward to working with the Ruighs as they transition ownership over the next few weeks. After building a successful, customer-friendly atmosphere over the last twenty years, the Ruighs, who Alan describes as “salt of the earth”, will be missed.
- A Little Science Goes a Long Way
- The Firm Business Brokerage Announces New Website Launch
- Bittersweet Success: Gigi's Cupcakes Changes Hands
- Don't Let the Fur Fly: A Great Deal for Nebraska and Iowa Veterinarians
- Military Veteran Acquires The College of Nail Design and Bella Dea Day Spa
- Floor Pros to Remain in Community Under New Ownership
- The Choice is Clear: Clean Title & Escrow is Now Clear Title & Abstract, LLC
- Just Like Home Childcare Center Grows into New Ownership
- Dogtopia Soars 30% Since Ownership Transition
- Country Tire Changes Hands
- Tanners Bar & Grill Opens Fourth Location in Northwest Omaha
- Plattsmouth, Sisters Cafe Sold
- Diamond Laundry Services of Omaha Under New Ownership
- Bellevue IT Company Managed.com Sold
- First Light HomeCare Changes Hands
- Comfort Plus Shoes Purchased