Soldier to CEO
The Firm Business Brokerage is excited to announce the launch of its pilot program, Soldier to CEO. Open to all veterans in the Metro area, Soldier to CEO aims to award three scholarships valued at $5,000 to deserving soldiers looking to purchase or start their own business. Beginning Memorial Day veterans are encouraged to apply via video or in person, with submissions closing on Labor Day and the awarded scholarships presented on Veterans Day. Nominate a friend, family member or apply yourself.
Soldier to CEO is seeking to help the nearly 3% of Nebraska veterans who remain unemployed after retiring from active duty. A panel of military veterans in the business industry will judge submissions, and special consideration will be given to applications with business plans that will help to employ other vets. Applicants are encouraged to either formulate his or her own business plan or work with The Firm to purchase an existing business. The three lucky vets who are chosen will receive free consultations that include information on how to seek outside financing, organizing business and marketing plans, and working with a consulting head of staff.
This unique program is a project close to the heart of The Firm’s President Cortney Sells, whose younger brother is an active member of MARSOC, the Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command. Having served two deployments in Afghanistan, Ms. Sells’ brother has often wondered about life after retirement. “Men and women come off the battlefield and have a hard time getting into a day-to-day routine,” says Sells. Soldier to CEO was created to help vets “use their strengths and to give them the power and structure to run their own business.” Many of these strengths can be put to use by creating distinctive businesses that only military skills can supply.
- Community Chat with William King
- Exec Connect: Important Information About Selling Your Business That Every Owner Needs to Know
- The Faces of Omaha 2017
- The Firm Schedules its Tenth Restaurant Acquisition of the Year
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Growing in Burt and Cuming Counties
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016
- The Firm Visits the North Platte Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Firm: Growing Every Year Since its 2012 Start
- The Firm Business Brokerage Purchases Building
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales Within Seller's Market
- Retirement Specialist Darrell Bryant Hosts Cortney Sells on KFAB
- Susanne Miller Joins a Growing Team at The Firm Business Brokerage