Entrepreneurial Spirit Growing in Burt and Cuming Counties
There are currently twelve businesses for sale in Burt and Cuming counties, and last Thursday, November 15, 2016, area entrepreneurs were given a unique opportunity to learn how to successfully buy and sell businesses and keep jobs local. The 41 attendees included lenders, attorneys, qualified buyers, and economic leaders from both Burt and Cuming County, and all were treated to two classroom-style sessions on valuing a business and proven steps to buying and selling.
Held at the Nielsen Community Center in West Point, The Firm Business Brokerage worked in conjunction with the Departments of Economic Development in Burt and Cuming to help educate and answer questions about the process, and to encourage the entrepreneurial-minded of both counties to take steps to acquire a business and sustain the area economy.
Both sessions were led by The Firm President, Cortney Sells, who has also brought similar events to North Platte and Columbus, but Sells was duly impressed with the folks that came to West Point: “This event had a paramount presence and the community should be proud of themselves for wanting to keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive” in Burt and Cuming counties. Last Thursday’s event was the largest one yet, and area business owners and aspiring business owners should be well-equipped to keep their communities thriving, but opportunities still exist for more than just Burt and Cuming. The Firm regularly hosts similar events and is always available to meet individually with interested parties.
- Community Chat with William King
- Exec Connect: Important Information About Selling Your Business That Every Owner Needs to Know
- The Faces of Omaha 2017
- The Firm Schedules its Tenth Restaurant Acquisition of the Year
- The Firm Outpaces Transaction Totals from Previous Two Years
- Faces of Omaha 2016
- The Firm Visits the North Platte Area Chamber of Commerce
- Soldier to CEO
- The Firm: Growing Every Year Since its 2012 Start
- The Firm Business Brokerage Purchases Building
- The Firm Business Brokerage Set to Double Sales Within Seller's Market
- Retirement Specialist Darrell Bryant Hosts Cortney Sells on KFAB
- Susanne Miller Joins a Growing Team at The Firm Business Brokerage