Marketing & Media Buying in Eastern KS
This creative agency in Eastern Kansas has been growing in a niche market over the past 15+ years. Having branded hundreds of businesses both internally and externally, the agency primarily focuses on the policy, advocacy/associations and financial sectors. Due to its special expertise, this would be a great strategic add-on for a marketing or publishing business wanting an arm in policy communications.
The team includes an Agency Principal, an Account Coordinator and several contract creatives. Most client meetings and interfacing are handled by the Agency Principal and Account Coordinator, with the seller focusing on business development and high-level client coaching.
While each year brings new clients, there is a steady revenue stream from clients paying for on-going creative needs. Outfitted with a strong name and industry recognition, a strategic buyer could step in and work toward getting more regional and national work. With a great team in place, the agency should profit a buyer in the first year after debt payments.
- Years in Business: 15+
- Location and Service Area:Eastern Kansas
- Type of Clients: Recurring clients with on-going creative needs for small businesses, the financial sector and a niche in the political arena
- Creative Agency Services: Providing advertising, branding and strategy
- Lease: 1,500 sq. ft. for offices, conference rooms and work rooms
- Reason for Selling: Retirement
- Employees:1 FT Agency Principal, 1 PT Account Coordinator, and 10 – 15 contracted employees for creative work
- Seller Training Period: Six Months
- Growth Opportunities: More regional and national work in legislation and advocacy.
- Current Owner’s Responsibilities: Employee direction, A/R, A/P, company blogs, business development, high-level client coaching. Most client meetings are handled by the Agency Principal and Account Coordinator.
- List Price: $708,700
- 2017 Gross Sales: $599,875
- 2016 Gross Sales: $425,040
- 2015 Gross Sales: $591,100*
- 2017 Cash Flow: $248,811
- 2016 Cash Flow: $194,244
- 2015 Cash Flow: $155,723
- 41% Profit Margin
- Assets Included in the Purchase:
- Equipment: Office furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Intangible Assets: Strong brand; industry and client contacts; numerous industry awards and recognitions
- Media planning
- Strategic branding
- Internal brand development
- Sales process training
- Market research
- Public relations
- Strategic social media
- And more!
|Media Buying||Web Development|
|In-house ad buying||Client websites|
|For national broadcast placement and planning, there is a key partner||Digital campaigns|
|Secret shopping||Magazine design||Direct mail|
|Focus groups||Ad design||Brochures|
|Market Research||Direct mail & e-newsletter design||Posters|
Client Base & Information
- Financial brands
- Banks, accounting firms and other financial companies
- Policy and government organizations
- Agencies, associations and nonprofits
- Special projects
- Small business and legal
- Economic development & workforce, includes manufacturing
*More information regarding clients partaking in the monthly program is available upon receipt of a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Agency Principal
- Develops marketing plans
- Leads research projects
- Brand re-imaging
- Business development
- Account Coordinator
- Project management
- Administrative and business support
- Promotional support
- Social media and marketing research
- 10 – 15 contracted creatives
- Most help with graphic design, content creation and web work
- For clients needing photography, illustrations, or other special creative, the company does have a larger circle of subcontractors to work with
- Many of these creatives are located in Kansas, but the company does work with others across the country
Most client meetings and project management are handled by the Agency Principal and Account Coordinator.
The seller is responsible for employee direction and leadership, A/R, A/P, company blogs and new business development.
The Firm Business Brokerage used a Cash Flow Valuation methodology to determine the Purchase Price of the business. The formula used is as follows:
Cash Flow x Multiplier = Price
Cash Flow is the sum of net income plus any owner perks and non-onward going expenses.
Multiplier is a prescribed number between 1 and 5 determined by a 100-point, 20-question rating system used to determine the business valuation (average is 3).
The Cash Flow for 2017 is $248,811, with a prescribed multiple of 2.65.
With this information, the computation result follows:
$248,811 x 2.65 = $659,349
The List Price for the business is set at $650,000.
Purchase Price: $650,000
10%Buyer Down Payment: $65,000
10%Seller Financing: $65,000
80%Bank Loan: $520,000
Seller Financing 5-year term at a rate of 4.50% equals a monthly loan payment of $1,212.
Bank Loan 7-year term at a rate of 6% equals a monthly loan payment of $7,596.
After business expenses and annual loan payments of $91,157 a buyer would retain a net operating income (profit) of $143,112. A 10% down payment of $65,000 results in a 220% return on investment in the first year!
A lender is required to have a minimum 1.5 coverage ratio for any business loans extended. At a proposed Purchase Price of $650,000 with the terms listed above, the coverage ratio is 2.35.
Please note that the decision of whether to extend a loan on any sale belongs to the bank, and this document does not guarantee specific terms or verify that financing is available.
Offer Price: $
% Buyer Cash Down at Closing: $
% Seller Carry Back via Promissory Note: $
year term at a rate of %
% of Purchase Price secured by Buyer and Seller
Total Bank Loan Need: $
% of Purchase Price
Desired Loan Type:
Desired Bank Terms: year term at a rate of %
Total Business Assets, Inventory, and A/R: $
Total Undercollateralized Loan: $
|Monthly Payment to Bank:||$|
|Yearly Payment to Bank:||$|
|Monthly Payment to Seller:||$|
|Yearly Payment to Seller:||$|
|Total Monthly Debt Service:||$|
|Total Yearly Debt Service:||$|
Fixed Charge Coverage Ratio
The bank will require a minimum ratio of 1.5 to be lendable.
2017 Cash Flow
|Annual Debt Service:||$|
Buyer's Net Operating Income (NOI)
The amount of money the Buyer will retain as profit.
2017 Cash Flow
|Annual Debt Service:||-$|
Buyer's Return on Investment (ROI)
The rate of return on the Buyer's down payment.
|Document Title / Description|
This folder is empty.
Access to this Deal Room is restricted
Would you like to access the deal room?Yes, please
Already have an account? Log in here.
Print, sign and send to:210 N 78th St. 2nd Floor
Omaha, NE 68114
Or fax to: