3 Patents Filed on Pediatric Line
Although the current owner of this business is a doctor, a new owner does not need to be an MD! Developing smarter products that parents can use every day, this business is tapping into the multi-billion-dollar global baby market and is poised for additional growth.
Based in the US, the business has national and international distribution. There are three main product lines targeted to parents with children aged birth to 11 years. All three products have design trademarks and pending design patents. ERP system is proprietary. Additional products are currently in development.
Distribution points include major online retailers, independent pharmacies and baby stores, and health-based retail stores. Growth opportunities include breaking into hospital sales, develop current product line for geriatric use (an untapped market), expand into big box stores and using additional strategic marketing.
There are six part-time and one full-time employees on staff, including Director of Business Development; Marketing; Accounting: IT; Manufacturing oversight; E-Commerce Manager and Operations. Two employees are based outside the US – one in China and one in India. The Director of Business Development is fully capable of running the business and would likely stay on after the sale.
The owner’s focus is on R&D, contract negotiations, employee management, and financial models. One owner is willing to stay on past transition to assist with R&D.
- Year Established: 2014
- Service Area: Products sold across the US and 8 other countries
- Demographics: Parents of children aged birth to 11 years
- Distribution: Products sold across the US and 8 other countries. Distribution through online retailers, independent pharmacies, baby stores, and health-based retail stores.
- Lease: $550/mo. for office space
- Reason for Selling: The developer of this product is a full-time ER doctor who meticulously designed and developed this product. They are ready to pass this to someone who can help it grow!
- Employees: 6 PT & 1 FT includes Director of Business Development; Marketing; Accounting: IT; Manufacturing oversight; E-Commerce Manager and Operations; 2 employees are based outside the US
- Seller Training Period: Negotiable; Seller willing to stay on to assist with R&D
- Growth Opportunities: Hospital sales; develop existing product lines to geriatric use; expand into more established brick & mortar retailers; additional marketing
- Current Owner’s Responsibilities: Previous R&D
- List Price: $750,000
- Royalty Payments to Seller: up to $250,000, based on performance
- Gross Sales:
- 2017: $145,575
- 2016: $108,031
- 2015: $71,323
- Assets Included in Purchase*
- Equipment: $1,000 in office equipment
- Intangible Assets: Design trademarks and pending design patents; Proprietary ERP system
- A/R: $10,589
- Inventory: $28,976
*amounts may vary
- Major online retailers
- Independent Pharmacies
- Independent and established baby stores
- Baby product distributors
Specific information regarding distributors is available upon the receipt of a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Director of Business Development
- IT (based in India)
- Manufacturing (based in China)
- E-Commerce Manager
- Hospital sales
- Expand existing product line to geriatric use
- Expand into big box stores
- Use additional strategic marketing opportunities
The Firm Business Brokerage used a Cost-to-Create Valuation methodology to determine the Purchase Price of the business.
- Business Summary
- Identifies important business information in an organized, quick-reference format
|Document Title / Description|
This folder is empty.
Access to this Deal Room is restricted
Would you like to access the deal room?Yes, please
Already have an account? Log in here.
Print, sign and send to:210 N 78th St. 2nd Floor
Omaha, NE 68114
Or fax to: